Decide when you will move
- Please keep in contact with the sellers to make sure your occupation date has their approval.
- If you use a removal company, make sure they are available to move you on that date.
Deciding how your move will influence you
- Cost: Weigh up the cost of using a removal company instead of the cost of doing it yourself.
- Distance – if you’re moving far away, it might be better to leave it to the professionals.
- Time – No one needs a long, drawn-out removal.
- Timing – You must make sure whatever you decide upon, your timing is right.
- About all, other parties, such as the seller, the buyer of your current home, and so on.
- Volume – The volume and size of your belongings play an essential role.
- It would help if you decided whether you use a removal company or borrow a friend’s vehicle.
How to choose a removal company
- Speak to friends and colleagues about their moving experiences and ask for recommendations.
- Shop around.
- Make an inventory list before you start shopping around.
Ask the following questions about the removal company
- What makes your company stand out from the rest?
- How many trucks do you have?
- Do you have sizeable trucks?
- Vehicles appointed to each move?
- What measures taken to protect my furniture and appliances from possible damaged?
- Does your price include boxes and packaging?
- Your cost, does it have insurance?
- If so, what does the insurance cover?